Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fajita Seasoning Mix

This is another recipe that I don't want to lose!
Last night I got everything ready to make fajitas for dinner (thawed frozen chicken, cut up onions and bell peppers, you know...EVERYTHING) when I realized that I didn't have any of the fajita seasoning packets from the grocery store. Not wanting to load all the kids in the van and then lug them to the store, I just did an internet search for a seasoning recipe. I found this one, and it was delicious!

FAJITA SEASONING MIX:
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (I used 1/4 tsp and Aaron thought it could use some more heat)
1/4 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. sugar
1 chicken bullion cube, crushed

To make the fajitas, heat 1 TBS oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 pound chicken or beef (I seasoned my chicken with garlic salt before cooking), and cook completely and drain excess fat. Add 1/2 cup water and 2-3 tsp. fajita seasoning mix (I used 3 tsp., plus some extra cumin- because I really like the flavor). Add one bell pepper, cut into strips, and one onion, cut into thin strips, cooking 2-3 minutes until veggies are crisp-tender. Serve with your family's favorite toppings!
If you want to visit the site that this recipe came from, the link is: http://cookingtipoftheday.blogspot.com/2009/05/recipe-fajita-seasoning.html
They suggest making it in large batches so it is always on hand, and I think I am going to do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment