Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pancakes From Scratch

Megan had a pancake night at her house, and these pancakes are so fluffy. Kathy and janae make these for some boys at college and they'll be sure to come back for more:)!

1 1/2 cup white or whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 milk (I do Vanilla Soy Milk)
3 tbsp. butter

Sift flour, mix and sift all dry ingredients. Beat eggs, add milk and butter. Mix liquid with dry ingredients slowly so there will be no lumps.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your page!! And I think you have some goooooood recipes to share, thank you!

    One thing I would like to add: when I was 11, my mom had a nail go through her foot while milking the cows, and I had to do practically everything around the house for two weeks while she had to stay off her feet. Literally - she sat on the couch and commandeered the family from there. *laughing* (NOT an easy feat~ *pun intended*)

    Anyway - during that time, I added "a bit" of applesauce to the pancake batter and she liked it so much, that's how she made them from then on! (mashed bananas are good too, but we liked the applesauce better.... makes great applesauce donuts, too)

    ReplyDelete